Friday, March 5, 2010

Gravity....

I give thanks this day for Gravity.

It sounds a little crazy, I know. But, if you take a moment to think about it, where would we be without it? Moving slowly, floating around? Striving to hold on to the the earth's furry layer as we move about our day. Can you imagine what your day would be like if it took effort to stay attached to the earth, to be grounded? Perhaps there would be major industry built up around the idea of keeping us attached to the earth with really heavy shoes, or some sort of reverse jet pack. Yeah, and I am sure there would those radical groups out there floating around saying peace, love, and float.

In one way, no one wants to be kept down. And in another, in my life at least, I strive to stay grounded; to keep my feet on the path.

Right now, my intentional community is feeling the ripples of change. I think we have all experienced change in that ripped up, unrooting, unsettled sort of way. That kind of change can take it's toll on anyone singly, let alone a community.

I guess my prayer is that my community can experience gravity as we morph through these changes into our new realization of self. That without thought, we can stay grounded and on track. And that we can perhaps strive to be gravity for one another. Can you imagine a community that acts like gravity? A community that is constant. A community that keeps you grounded. A community that makes it possible to walk through your day, staying on your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment