Tuesday, September 28, 2010

29.14

So, this might be cheating.
I wrote this about 5 years ago when I first moved to Washington.

The moon was out tonight.
Orion at her side.
Her blue light shining
on the back of my hand, clutching the steering wheel.
And it brought me back...
to a large snowy field,
with two girls lost in footprints.
to rolling down a white hill,
with stolen cigarettes on our breath.
to a depressed and happy time in my life
when you were there.
The bumps on the side of the road
bring me back...
to my hands righting the steering wheel
of a different car, in a different state without snow,
in a different year, a different time.
But the moon's blue light
still glows on the back of my hand
and I am still a scared young girl in a snowy field
and you are still with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment